NEWSLETTERS: 1998 DONALD AND RODERICK
This picture of Donald Ross (D) and his brother Roderick Ross (G) was taken in Harriston, Ontario, by photographer Herb Copeland. This would have been just before Donald and Mary Ann travelled to Manitoba with their son Francis "Frank" Roderick Ross (D8) in early 1902. [Another son John D. Ross (D3) had moved there twenty years earlier.]
Lot 13, Concession II of Scott Township had been transferred to their son Henry "Harry" Ross (D2) on September 3, 1897, and it remained in the family name until November 1, 1920. The main family property, the West ½ of Lot 13 on Concession VI, purchased from his brother Alexander Ross (A) on June 19, 1855, was registered to Charles E. and George H. Fairman on March 4, 1902, in preparation for the move to Elgin, Manitoba. [The East ½ of Lot 13, Concession VI of Scott Township, remains in the hands of descendants of Alexander Ross to this day.]
We are indebted to Jean (Ross) Fair (G2A1) for sending us the above photo at Christmas-time in 1997.